Senior Media Relations Manager – London
Salary: Up to £60,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 24/03/2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading national law firm as a Senior Media Relations Manager and support their business services division. This role will be responsible for managing media relations activities to deliver the overall media strategy, and engage with key customer groups to promote the firm’s services.
- Provide support to the Head of Communications to achieve the firm’s media relations strategy.
- Managing the media strategy and individual cases including briefing clients and liaising with legal teams.
- Collaboration with journalists to build relationships and manage media requests.
- Manage media interviews for lawyers and support on crisis management issues.
- Monitor the media and social media for reactive opportunities and risks.
- Provide support to clients on media strategy, interviews, and preparing statements.
- Attend court hearings to manage media interest and support clients and legal teams.
- Liaise with the legal teams to ensure media opportunities are maximised and risks are identified.
- Drafting press releases and legal briefings and comments from spokespeople.
- Provide support to the press office and wider marketing team to maintain content quality.
- Previous experience working in a legal / professional services environment.
- Experience working within public relations at a senior / management level (5+ years).
- Previous experience line managing a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management / time management skills are essential.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend