Senior Business Development Manager – London
Salary: Market Rate
Salary band: Market Rate
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 31/08/2023
A leading international law firm are searching for a Senior Business Development Manager to join their London office and support their market leading Transport sector group. The role-holder will take lead in managing a team for the sector group, and provide strategic support with planning and delivering initiatives, in collaboration with the wider global BD team.
- Identify emerging trends and potential opportunities for the firm within the industry.
- Conduct industry research to identify cross-selling opportunities with clients and prospects
- Identifying new opportunities for business growth and new service propositions for clients and prospects.
- Monitoring progress of activities in the group, including proposals, wins, key industry developments and opportunities.
- Identify and prioritise key clients for the group – drafting clients plans and implementing targeted initiatives to build relationships and achieve profitable growth
- Provide strategic advice to lead partners on new pitch and proposal opportunities, working closely with the central pitch team.
- Collaborate with the PR team to implement a PR plan to raise the external profile of lawyers and overall industry group.
- Identify thought leadership opportunities, including speaking at conferences, and writing and blog postings for internal and external publications.
- Plan, coordinate and execute large scale events, such as seminars, roundtables and receptions.
- Overseeing the creation of materials for client presentations, internal training meetings etc.
- Previous experience working within a legal / professional services environment.
- Qualified to a degree level, MBA or further education would be an advantage.
- Experience of leading and developing a team.
- Have a keen interest in / develop a strong understanding of the transport industry.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend