Media Relations Manager
Location: South West
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 10/11/2023
Blue Legal has partnered with a UK Top 100 law firm with specialism in employment, conveyancing, family and business law. This firm are looking for a Media Relations Manager to take on a newly created role and really drive the role to be your own. Likely to be the first point of contact for all media requests and responsible for practice media outreach, you will support the firm in achieving its overall PR objectives.
- Strategising and developing a comprehensive media communications plan for the next two years, outlining goals and tactics, whilst managing budgets.
- Formulating media relations strategy with a focus on securing high-level placements in offline, online and broadcast media, with thought leadership in mind.
- Coordinating all PR activities and supporting the social media strategy by engaging audiences through traditional and new media channels.
- Leveraging existing media relationships and establishing new connections within the firm and media world to secure a national business profile, including placements in reputable publications.
- Maintaining a keen understanding of industry trends which affect their consultants and the wider legal sector, and making appropriate recommendations regarding the firms wider strategy.
- Proven experience in PR, ideally in in front-line media relations roles.
- Track recording in designing and executing successful PR campaigns at local and national level.
- Ability to tap into existing, and build, relationships with media outlets and journalists.
- Previous experience in social media planning and media event planning.
- Experience acting as a firm spokesperson.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend