Media Relations Manager – London
Salary: Market Rate
Salary band: Market Rate
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 20/10/2023
A top 30 international law firm is looking for a Media Relations Manager to join their team based in London. This role will closely collaborate with the Communications and wider Business Development and Marketing (BDM) teams in advancing the firms media relations strategy and showcasing the firms legal practice expertise. You will also be involved in raising the firms profile, developing a media relations programme, educating senior leadership and managing media engagement.
- Responsible for advancing the firms media relations strategy by proactively demonstrating the firms legal practice expertise.
- Supporting the firm’s legal practices through compelling communications, you will have a focus on raising the firm and senior stakeholder profiles across the range of the firm’s work.
- Help in developing and running a media relations programme and achieve recognition through media channels.
- Coach and prepare senior stakeholders for media engagement activities and interviews.
- Write compelling awards submissions; uncovering case studies and work examples showcasing the firm’s expertise, innovation and commitment to exceptional service.
- Creating verbal and written content, in the form of announcements or case studies, for use beyond the media.
- Previous PR or corporate communications experience with standout writing skills, ideally within a law firm environment.
- Media relations skills and relationships with experience in frequently engaging journalists.
- Able to work independently as needed, think ahead and take initiative, while also working collaboratively as a team player.
- Very strong communicate skills, both verbally and in writing.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend