Head of Employment – Jersey
Salary: Market Rate
Salary band: Market Rate
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 28/11/2023
A leading offshore law firm are on the search for a Head of Employment to lead the team based in Jersey. The role-holder will take charge of the firm’s Employment Team and employment law matters in Jersey and Guernsey. In this role, you will take charge of opportunities to grow the practice and business through productive client relationships, proactively driving change and enabling the business to achieve overall strategic plans.
- Management and co-ordination of client work as delegated by the Partners.
- Manage risk exposure in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure clients receive a high quality, and professional service to meet their needs.
- Delegate to and actively supervise the work of junior team members.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of global employment BD plans, to attract more work from existing clients and develop new client relationships.
- Identify new cross selling opportunities and ways to develop existing services.
- Responsible for achieving target hours, proactively managing billings.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of key financial indicators.
- Significant experience in employment law, ideally Jersey or Guernsey law (7 years+ PQE).
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to proactively manage competing priorities.
- Ability to instil confidence in partners, colleagues and clients.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend