Business Development & Marketing Manager – London
Salary: Market Rate
Salary band: Market Rate
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 21/09/2023
Blue Legal are working with a prestigious global law firm that is looking for Business Development Manager to join their team based in London. The role-holder will play a frontline role in shaping plans and strategies, leveraging their expertise to support the growth of core practice groups and enhance effectiveness of client engagement initiatives.
- Working closely with partners to develop and implement comprehensive marketing and client development plans for both practice groups and individual attorneys.
- Actively participate in practice/industry group meetings and contribute to strategic planning sessions.
- Monitoring progress of business prospects and cross-marketing initiatives, providing valuable recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in managing the group’s BD budget; tracking practice/industry initiatives, and assessing ROI to make recommendations on future efforts.
- Leading discussions to initiate and/or understand the opportunity.
- Write new business proposals and develop tailored responses to RFIs and RFPs.
- Advise in preparing and rehearsing pitch teams, and support with post-pitch follow-up and debrief activities.
- Take lead on the preparation of submissions for practice/industry rankings & awards.
- Collaborate with regional MBD teams to plan client programs and sponsored events.
- Work with the Communications and PR team to identify thought leadership topics to engage in media commentary, article publication, podcasts, etc.
- Participate in the hiring, management, and professional development of staff, including goal setting, coaching, and training initiatives.
- Previous BD experience working within a legal / professional services environment.
- Supervisory, managerial, and/or project management experience
- Educated to a degree level in a related area, such as marketing or communications.
- Familiarity with relevant research tools, law firm rankings, awards, and league table publications.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend