Business Development Manager – London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 30/06/2023
A leading international law firm are seeking a Business Development Manager to support their Disputes sector group. The primary focus of this role is to raise the firm’s profile, develop relationships with key clients and identify collaboration opportunities in order to generate revenue. This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior executive looking for a step up into a managerial position, based in the firm’s London office.
- Establish strong relationships and maintain regular interaction with group leaders and fee earners across the firm for firmwide business development purposes.
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance the firm’s brand positioning, including managing sponsorships for conferences, presentations, seminars, and webinars.
- Create compelling pitches for new business opportunities, requests for information, and proposals.
- Develop practice-specific materials such as profiles, experience lists, & case studies.
- Conducting post-pitch follow-up from clients, track actions, and leverage feedback to improve win rates.
- Using relevant databases to conduct research and identify industry trends and new business opportunities, in line with practice objectives.
- Liaise with client teams to research and identify cross-selling opportunities for clients.
- Draft and edit marketing collateral, including practice area descriptions and biographies, updating the firm’s website and intranet as necessary.
- Manage the submissions process for major awards and legal directories to raise group’s visibility and positioning.
- Supervision of a BD Exec and liaise with other junior team members as necessary.
- Exposure to a partnership environment, understanding importance of a client-focused approach.
- Previous experience working within in a Legal / Professional Services environment.
- IT proficient and able to quickly learn new database systems.
- Willing to learn about and understand the transportation and asset finance sectors.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend