Business Development Manager – London
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 27/09/2023
Blue Legal has partnered with one of the most innovative and forward thinking law firms in the UK, who are seeking a talented Business Development Manager to join their team. This role will support the firm’s Employment group, which will involve developing client relationships and driving growth for the firm through the delivery of initiatives and projects. This role-holder will take the lead on group initiatives while actively participating in broader team efforts.
- Collaborating with the team to enhance relationships with the firm’s international network.
- Responsible for creating and delivering BD and marketing plans in line with the firmwide strategy and sector objectives.
- Drive client development, working with partners and teams to oversee client targeting, providing valuable insights into client trends and cross-selling opportunities.
- Lead the preparation of tenders and pitches, ensuring the delivery of compelling responses to RFPs. This includes assessing pitch opportunities, defining and articulating the firm’s offerings, and coaching pitch/tender teams.
- Manage marketing communications with a campaign-oriented approach, overseeing public relations, event management, and internal communications.
- Return on investment (ROI) – Identify areas of improvement in the process in collaboration with the team and fee earners.
- Ensuring effectiveness of firm wide initiatives through use of the CRM system, web and digital presence and providing training and coaching.
- Responsible for market analysis and research to identify opportunities and market developments, to support with growth / marketing plans for the practice areas.
- Previous experience within a legal / professional services environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to engage with stakeholders across practice groups and wider BD team.
- Previous experience of client development and supporting with pitch/proposals.
- Educated to degree level and/or Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend