Business Development and Marketing Specialist – FTC
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Contract type: Contract/Temporary Date posted: 18/07/2023
We are delighted to bring to market this great opportunity that has emerged with a powerhouse international law firm. They are seeking a BD & Marketing Specialist to join their team, based in London, on a 6 month FTC. The role-holder will collaborate within a key sector group, to develop and implement clear strategies and business initiatives including BD initiatives, campaigns, communications, client events and managing key client accounts. This role is a paternity cover for six months with the possibility of being extended.
- Responsible for project managing RFPs and pitches for relevant sector groups.
- Leading briefing discussions to propose new opportunities and gain a better understanding of existing ones.
- Writing new business proposals and conducting matter research to produce tailored responses to RFIs/RFPs.
- Liaise with the BDM and practice/industry leaders, to develop and coordinate marketing and client development plans for the group and individual lawyers.
- Actively participating in and providing contributions during practice/industry group meetings and planning sessions.
- Developing the groups’ BD collateral, matter lists, and opportunity tracking, optimising processes and leveraging resources for maximum efficiency.
- Collaboration with the Market Intelligence team to conduct industry, client, and competitive research to support practice initiatives.
- Overseeing the process of drafting submissions for rankings and awards, to raise the firm’s profile and core sectors.
- Collaborate with the Communications and PR team to identify thought leadership topics for lawyers to engage in.
- Previous experience working within a legal / professional services environment.
- Educated to a degree level in a related area, such as marketing or communications.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, knowledge of CRM systems would also be ideal.
- Solid understanding of the legal sector and competitors.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend