Bids Manager – Birmingham
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 25/10/2022
An award-winning global law firm is seeking a Bids Manager to join their Birmingham/Bristol offices. This role involves the development of internal bids and BD processes to achieve the group’s growth plans and managing the bids pipeline and wider BD activities.
- Working closely with the Executive Board and partners to anticipate client needs, and provide practical guidance on how bids will be scored.
- Ensuring an organised and controlled process to drive bids forward through personal commitment.
- Developing the best win strategy for each bid, considering optimum commercial strategies.
- Working with stakeholders to formulate models for a profitable offer in line with the prospect’s needs and the agreed strategy for bids.
- Producing a first draft document with the agreed strategy and articulated responses aligned to the tender scoring criteria.
- Working with the wider business to manage the bids pipeline and run bid workshops to maximise the chances of success.
- Understanding models for bids best practice, putting forward proposals to improve internal processes and managing projects to deliver improvements.
- Supporting the Senior Bids and BD Manager in the business.
- Previous experience managing bids and supporting business development activity, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Demonstrate strong strategic and commercial awareness, with industry and competitor knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of pitch presentation skills and best practice.
- Have experience in coaching and/or managing others.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend