This data, privacy and cookies policy describes how your data is obtained, processed and forwarded and what your rights are in respect of your personal data.
The main office of Blue Legal is at 107 – 111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB. Blue Legal is committed to protecting the privacy of its candidates, clients and other users of this website. Blue Legal acts as the data controller of personal information obtained from our clients with a need for recruitment services and of personal information submitted by candidates who are interested in jobs, careers and / or job postings.
Collecting your data
We only collect the data necessary to facilitate the recruitment process, and match our clients’ requirements to job opportunities or candidates. By submitting your CV or registering your contact details, either through this website or with a Blue Legal Consultant, you are giving your consent to store this information on our secure system. This website will only collect information which is necessary to fulfil our legal and business obligations in terms of the recruitment process whether the information relates to a Client, a Workseeker (candidate) or a Referee.
We will never share any of your personal information to a third party without your prior explicit consent.
When collecting your data:
In line with applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we ensure that only the data necessary to complete our business obligations as a recruitment firm is collected
- We check that the data is correct and current
- We record and hold this information on our database
- You may request for your data to be removed and deleted at any time please just email email@example.com
Our legal basis for processing your data
Our lawful reasons on how we use (or ‘process’) your personal information is legitimate interests. We only process personal information which is necessary to perform our business obligations whereby our genuine and legitimate reason is to help you obtain your next job (for candidates) or facilitate the recruitment process (for clients) and we are not harming any of your rights or interests.
What information do we hold?
Personal Information on Workseekers (candidates)
When using our services, you will be asked to provide us with your personal information such as your name, job title, email address and telephone number, company details, business telephone numbers. We will also collect information which is necessary to effectively assist you with your job search. During the course of the recruitment process we may also store further information that may be of importance for a successful placement. Information we will collect and hold includes:
- Work history – experience, skills, reasons for leaving
- Nominated referees and records of references
- Records of qualifications
- Expectations – salary, preferences, role type
- Sensitive information – such as information related to unspent convictions
Information on Clients
When using our services, we will collect the necessary information required to facilitate the recruitment process. The information we collect and hold includes:
- Company details – industry, organisational chart, reasons for the vacancy
- Contact details – name, job title, email address, telephone number and office address
- Specifics for the role – experience or skills desired and required for the vacancy, marketing materials for candidates, company culture, interview process and history etc
Information on Referees
In order to fulfil our business obligations we will collect and hold information on referees. This information will only be the data necessary to obtain the suitability of the candidate so will include:
- Referee contact details – name, job title, email address and telephone number and postal address
- A request to them to confirm the candidate’s employment and position, performance and reason for leaving
How do we use your Data
We will only collect information necessary to provide our recruitment services to you. Your information will be retained, processed and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To facilitate the recruitment process, by matching your details to job opportunities;
- To allow details of your skills and experience, to be viewed by our clients whom we feel may be interested in engaging your services. Your personal details will only be provided to our clients if you have given permission to us to do so;
- To keep you informed via email of job opportunities and contract assignments which we think may be of interest to you because of your sector and professional experience. You will be able to unsubscribe from such updates at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- To keep you updated of services provided by our third party business partners which are relevant to your sector, such as our sister business Chancery Coaching. You can opt out at any time from such e-mails by emailing us at email@example.com;
- To preserve our business relationship with you as a user of our website;
- To manage a complaint, investigation or enquiry in which you’re involved;
- To keep you informed of the products and services (relevant to your sector and your professional interests) offered by us or our group companies via relevant marketing communications. These could include information about recently registered candidates/consultants, client workshops we are arranging, market updates, new software or training courses that may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us;
- To assist with any insurance claim that requires discloser of your personal information;
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Your access rights to your stored data, changes and objections to the data processing
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the event that you:
- Have any queries about the information that we hold about you;
- Wish to access, amend or delete personal data you have given us
- Have any requests with regard to our processing of your personal data;
- Decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us or our group companies, please either email the above address or follow the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing email messages to you;
- Wish to access information held about you;
- Do not wish us to hold your information, you are entitled to tell us at any time and we will remove all such information as specified by you from our database in accordance with the law.
The data we collect and hold is from the data you submit to us through the website (via CV submission, enquiry, job brief) and through email, our registration documents and verbal communications. We rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your information. We may also collect information about you from a range of publically available sources such as the Internet, social media sites and directories.
We hold your data with a view to providing present and future recruitment services to you and to manage the business relationship. In the event that the business relationship ceases we confirm that we will delete personal data in accordance with our legal obligations upon your request.
We have appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to ensure the security of your information and to protect it against deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss or unauthorised access.
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal information communicated through the internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us through this website. By using this website and entering your personal data, you accept that you use this website at your own risk.
Changes to this Policy
Cookies & Analytics
We use some non-essential cookies and analytics on our website such as Google Analytics, to gain useful insight into how the site is used and how we can improve its functionality. We do not use this to track individual users or to identify them.
For more information about the ways in which Google Analytics collects and processes personal data visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
For more information about cookies, including how to block them on all sites or delete them, visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
How your data is held
Any personal details submitted to us by you through the website such as name, contact number, email address and any further information submitted by you, will be held by Blue Legal on a database for its recruitment purposes. By submitting your information, you consent to it being processed by Blue Legal for its recruitment business purposes. You may request access to your data, update and correct your data or request the deletion of your data at any time by emailing email@example.com
How to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0303 123 1113
Should you have any queries, questions or requests, please contact email@example.com
This policy was last updated in April 2018