Senior Communications Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 01/10/2019
A leading professional services firm is looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join their Cardiff office. The role will assume management of all external communications on and take a lead in the firm’s internal communications activity. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an exceptional track record of devising and implementing successful communications strategies and will report into the Director of Marketing.
- Providing proactive and reactive strategic support to the companies’ board of management to ensure the firm’s messaging is communicated appropriately.
- Devising and implementing public relations campaigns to support significant advertising campaigns.
- Managing the company as a ‘brand’ in appropriate media coverage.
- Building and managing relationships with influential journalists from regional, national and trade publications.
- Ensuring key partners are provided with opportunities to comment on relevant developments within their areas of expertise.
- Horizon scanning and monitoring media coverage to identify areas for expert partners to provide commentary.
- On the ground support for inquests, trials and high profile cases. Attending court cases and hearings to manage media coverage and occasionally provide support to clients who need support in their engagement with press.
- Reputation management.
- Working with board of management partners and directors to devise and implement an internal communications strategy which communicates key news and engages a substantial workforce with strategic goals and core values.
- Proven track record of implementing communications strategies in previous roles.
- Must be in a similar role currently, either in-house or from a PR & communication agency.
- Must be of a senior level and have the experience to work with senior partners.
- Must be an exceptional communicator in all areas and be comfortable with public speaking.
- Degree educated.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend