Senior Business Development Manager
Salary: £80,000 - £95,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 06/09/2019
Providing strategic business development advise, practical marketing support and financial/operational support for a leading global law firm. The Senior Business Development Manager will identify and develop issues driven marketing campaigns relating to risk areas for the firm’s clients, taking a relationship driven approach to the management of key client accounts.
- Use an understanding of the Litigation practice and the corporate and financial markets practice to identify new business development opportunities and then formulate tactical plans to seize these opportunities.
- Develop a business development strategy for the Litigation practice, based on the objectives set in relevant business plans, which in broad terms defines the future marketing activities for each financial year.
- Play a client facing role, supporting partners in the management of key client relationships and in new business development opportunities.
- Analyse and assess the appropriateness of our client list and make recommendations for changes including clients that should be either actively targeting or investing more time in.
- Develop and implement pitch and matter debriefs, including interviewing clients to assess the quality and their experience. Make recommendations to partners based on the findings from these meetings.
- Manage the delivery of effective BD support to the Litigations practice and monitoring progress on tasks, to ensure the efficient delivery of proposals and other marketing programmes.
- Liaise and work with other members of the BD team and other support teams (eg Know How/Finance/HR) to improve the co-ordination of activities across the firm, both in London and internationally.
- Graduate or existing additional professional marketing/business qualifications.
- Substantial relevant marketing experience within a professional services organisation or in the sector, where the individual frequently worked with senior management.
- Experience in selling concepts and presenting up to Board Level; excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with partners, key associates and clients and suppliers.
- Proven track record of achieving strategic business objectives and using this experience to assess people and financial resources required for specific projects.
- Anticipates future areas of risk for the practice and takes appropriate action to address these.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend