Media Relations Manager
Salary: Market Rate
Salary band: £50k - £69k
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 22 February 2018
A leading US law firm is looking for an experienced Media Relations Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. This role will be reporting into the Head of Communications.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with business and legal journalists from key national and pan-European publications read by the firm’s client base (e.g. FT, WSJ Europe).
- Develop and maintain good relationships with journalists from the legal press.
- Work with internal stakeholders and possibly outside advisors on incident response plans and preparedness for “crisis communications” situations and handle issues, both local and firmwide
- Draft press releases (and Q&A) and obtain relevant internal approvals within tight timescales to ensure maximum chance of coverage. Draft complementary client and internal communications. Project manage releases to suit local market.
- Work closely with New York media team and share information.
- Anticipate and manage potential negative coverage or sensitive issues (together with other team members).
- Monitor internal deal information to allow the preparation of appropriate external releases on deals.
- Work with partners to identify topics on which partners can comment, and organise interviews/phone calls as necessary.
- Facilitate the placement of articles drafted by partners and lawyers.
- Answer journalist queries promptly
- Consider implications of press coverage (together with other team members) and if necessary draft relevant internal communication
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Previous professional services experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Apply Now Email to a friend