Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 25/03/2019
An opportunity has arisen for an Events Executive to join the Business Development and Marketing team at one of the top specialist Law Firms. This role is based in London and the role holder will be reporting to Events Manager, who will benefit from the support of an Events Assistant.
- Project managing a number of events across the firm and ensuring that their events are delivered to the highest quality, working closely with key stakeholders including fee earners, the BD team, secretaries, facilities and the catering department
- Assisting the event manager at the annual partner conference, taking responsibility for a number of logistical requirements
- Delegating tasks to the events assistant, helping to develop their understanding of the events process and providing opportunities to take responsibility for certain aspects of key events
- Assisting in training and coaching PAs/TAs who are responsible for some of the administrative aspects of the seminars, events and client receptions
- Assisting with drafting event budgets and requesting budget approval from partners, to ensure that all parties are clear on the proposed costs and potential return on investment, at all times
- Working with fee earners and members of the BD team to ensure that the thinking behind the event logistics is thorough and robust
- Experience in a professional services firm, preferably legal.
- Demonstrate expertise in event production, vendor negotiation, event contract procedures, logistics, and audience management
- Have a strong track record for delivery and capable of managing multiple projects at the same time. You will also need to show good planning abilities and a strong teamwork ethic
- Be able to work successfully with minimal supervision, but seek and take direction appropriately from the event manager, and with flexibility under tight deadlines
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend