Client Development Manager
Contract type: Contract/Temporary Date posted: 16 March 2018
This global law firm is recruiting for a Client Development Manager to join their team on a 12 month maternity cover basis. This role will manage a selection of the firm’s key accounts and encompasses and covers a range of business lines and practice areas with a high degree of involvement with Partners and assigned clients.
- Helping develop the firm’s client development methodology as the programme expands into new areas of the firm, working in conjunction with other Client Development Managers and Senior Business Development Managers
- Determining criteria and if appropriate grading for particular clients
- Leading the strategy for the clients within relevant sectors/practice areas, and working collaboratively with Senior Business Development Managers and other Client Managers to ensure alignment of client programmes across the firm, ensuring that BD activity is driven by client need
- Ensuring the implementation of effective client strategies, taking an overarching view of strategy and client needs, achieving growth across the programme
- Creating and coordinating client teams and effective cross-practice groups to support client development plans, the leadership of the agenda for these groups, their meetings and activities
- Supporting the development of appropriate marketing materials and activities to fulfil client plans – whether brochures, web pages, newsletters, reports, web-pages, seminars, conferences etc.
- Overseeing the creation of differentiating proposal materials and the management of client pitch efforts in respect of the identified client accounts
- Working collaboratively with Client Development Managers in other sectors and regions
- Managing junior members of the team, ensuring each member works to the highest standards and develops in their roles
- Formulating relevant business development budgets in relation to client activity and management of the budget to ensure appropriate expenditure and that the firm receives suitable return on that investment
- Monitoring KPIs and reporting regular progress back to the firm’s management, partnership and senior members of the Business Development team
- At all times demonstrating strong and comprehensive knowledge of your assigned client accounts, and being able to represent that knowledge effectively in front of senior firm leadership
- Previous experience gained within a Professional Services firm
- Experience in either a broad BD or Client Relationship focused role.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend