Business Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 05/09/2019
Working closely with key Partners to drive profitable revenue growth within an international accountancy firm. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing, delivering and monitoring strategic marketing and business development activity for designated service lines and actively generating leads.
- Identify new sales/cross-selling opportunities to existing clients and targets within service line, then actively generate warm leads through follow-ups from campaigns and networking at events.
- Take ownership of a number of targets, attend introductory and scoping meetings, introducing and handing over to fee earning teams as appropriate.
- Build your profile in the market and establish yourself, acting as a focal point of all business development activity within designated service line.
- Manage proposals relevant to service line; scoping meetings, liaising with bid specialist, conducting debriefs after every bid and sharing intelligence with wider business.
- Lead on high value and strategically important service-line proposals and understand the service line’s tendering activity to influence success rates.
- Accurately record all business development activity and share intelligence across the wider team; market insight, competitor insight, campaigns, general news.
- Undertake independent service reviews with existing clients, feeding back to partners and engagement team.
- Budget management and pull together a plan of the firm’s approach to large corporates; market segmentation, data analysis, allocation of targets to Partners.
- Solid and relevant commercial acumen with a minimum of 5 years’ professional services experience.
- Comprehensive experience of marketing and business development at a managerial level and the ability to build networks with partners and staff at all levels across the firm and influence effectively.
- Expert understanding of targeting and lead generation with a proven ability to drive and develop a pipeline of opportunities.
- Degree educated.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend