Business Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 20180510
A leading national law firm based in Birmingham is seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team. Working alongside fee earners and Partners to devise and implement strategic business development and marketing plans to secure new business.
- Working alongside Fee Earners and Partners, the Business Development Manager will devise and implement strategic business development and marketing plans to secure new business and increase profitable work from existing referrers and targeted prospects.
- The Business Development Manager will have a good understanding of the West Midland’s market and the challenges and opportunities within it. Their experience in developing and driving business development strategy and client relationships forward is their strength. An understanding of the legal sector would be a preference.
- Business Development Managers KPIs will align with those of the Partners and Fee Earners tasked with developing the business. Strategic and tactical plans must contribute towards the National Business Development plans for each area. Using market intelligence and shared information the Business Development Manager must ensure close monitoring, recording, tracking and feedback relating to market and client activity as well as management of budgets.
- The importance of ROI must be understood and performance will be measured and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
- Experience working in a law firm environment with strong business development.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate a “can do” and “want to” attitude.
- Understanding professional services market and be able to generate a focussed BD plan.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend