Business Development Executive
Salary: £39,000 - £45,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 22 January 2018
A leading international Law Firm are currently seeking a Business Development Executive to join their team in London. The role will involve supporting the practice to win more work and the practice’s broader global activities working collaboratively across borders on sector driven BD activities (including pitches), campaigns and initiatives. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in the energy and infrastructure sectors looking for a broad role that spans one of the firm’s core products and two of its priority sector groups.
- Proposals – assist the team in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for London based proposals (and the wider global Projects practice when necessary). Capture proposal outcomes and prompt fee earners to act upon feedback.
- Systems/Processes – working with the rest of the team to manage internal marketing systems and tools, including tracking and reporting marketing budget spend, maintaining effective mailing lists, ensuring team members are prompted to review and update intranet and internet pages and coordinating the reporting of statistics on completion of EPIC experience records.
- Directories and awards – assist and lead in creating directory and award submissions in an effort to increase the market presence of the practice.
- BD tactics – responsible for the timeliness, consistency and quality of BD tools: Work with PAs to ensure email distribution and target lists are kept up-to-date; maintain updated collateral, credentials, contact cards and CVs; and track and ensure deal information is regularly and accurately captured in the firm’s experience system
- Client events and hospitality – proactively identify appropriate client entertainment opportunities with fee earners and the CRM team. Challenge partners where appropriate on best use of hospitality opportunities and marketing budget spend. Track marketing spend against clients and individuals/teams within clients to ensure activities are aligned with overall strategic priorities.
- Internal communications – oversee the maintenance of a flow of market/client intelligence (e.g. pipeline deals, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates.
- Campaign management – work with the BD and Communications team plus the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas. Liaise with the communications/PR team to develop a stronger external profile for the selected product areas.
- Graduate (ideally) plus working towards or holding an additional professional marketing/business qualification.
- Proven experience in a Marketing & Business Development team within a professional services environment is essential.
- An interest in energy and infrastructure, preferably with some experience in either sector.
- Experience working with senior management and partners and the ability to influence.
- A proactive approach, creativity, tenacity and energy.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend