Business Project Manager
Location: South West
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 08.02.21
A leading law firm in the South West is seeking a Business Project Manager to join their firm. The focus of the role is to be involved in the delivery of a wide variety of Technology, Finance and other business projects to continue to the strategic direction of the firm. The Project Manager will coordinate and communicate across a broad range of stakeholders, using cross-functional and third party resource teams to deliver successfully.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage a number of business focused projects within scope, schedule, budget and quality as agreed.
- Produce accurate resource forecasts and secure resources on the project to enable it to be delivered within set time scales and budget.
- Draft project documentation and complete analysis such as requirements, stakeholder analysis, project initiation documentation, business case, testing and transition to service.
- Manage the analysis of tenders for project implementation. Negotiate and manage maintenance and support contracts. Manage 3rd party services that may be required to deliver the project.
- In relation to Technology projects, maintain close liaison with the IT Department in relation to project planning and delivery. Ensure an effective hand over to IT at project closedown for on-going support and maintenance.
- Guide and motivate the project team members to achieve the desired results, and ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm.
- Experience on working on a mix of business and technically focused projects and programmes.
- Pro-active and able to prioritise effectively. Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment with time-critical schedules.
- Excellent inter-personal communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Able to work with and manage conflicting stakeholder requirements and demands.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Apply Now Email to a friend