Business Development Manager
Location: South West
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 06/04/2021
A leading national law firm are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their Exeter office. The role holder will advise on market strategy, and will lead on business development and marketing initiatives managing campaigns from beginning to end. The Business Development Manager will support their main target group, as well as further support other sectors across the firm. The right candidate will have sector knowledge of the Financial Services sector.
- Work alongside sector lead to manage the groups BD and marketing initiatives and activity and be vigilant to opportunities for cross-selling and efforts to raise the firms’ profile.
- Provide a deep understanding of the market, regularly being involved in networking events, undertaking trend analysis and working closely with the sector lead in understanding key competitors and attending relevant meetings.
- Work with sector lead to develop strategy and offerings to clients.
- Develop and implement plans, ensuring budget and resource are focused, which will benefit fee earners to maximise ROI.
- Support the Bids team in developing content for materials and pitches, using sector knowledge and target insights to successfully tailor bids.
- Identifies opportunities, and provides pro-active, expert BD advice on how to best target specific new business opportunities, promoting the firm’s services and brand.
- Ensure that the firm is involved with the key events for the market – focusing on speaker and networking opportunities, with follow up.
- Manage and implement marketing initiatives for the relevant sector updates on the firm’s social media and website.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Must have experience in a similar role in the professional services sector, legal desired.
- Will be degree educated and/or hold a relevant marketing qualification.
- Will have sector knowledge in FS and/or Insurance.
- Should be a trusted advisor and have demonstrable senior stakeholder management experience.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend