Business Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 09.02.21
A leading specialist law firm based in the City is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their business development team and support the Corporate practice. This role will provide strategic support, advice and insight to the practice with support from two Business Development Executives.
- Work with the group leaders to draft business plans and take the lead on delivering on the BD aspects of the plan.
- Work closely with Partners to define how they can differentiate their practice in the market, develop key messages.
- Execute client development plans and act as Account Manager for key clients of the Corporate practice.
- Manage key tender and panel opportunities, working closely with Partners on specific selling messages.
- Take responsibility for understanding the practices global capabilities.
- Provide BD mentoring support to the High Potential Senior Associates by thoroughly reviewing and supporting their personal BD plans
- Manage the day to day workload of the BD executives (including their management of events, developing credentials and completing legal directory submissions) and provide support and guidance in their career development and training
- Consistently look for ways to improve BD practices and outcomes to ensure that the firm maximises value from everything they do.
- Extensive business development experience at management level
- Experience working for a law firm, preferably with exposure to the Corporate practice
- The ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise accordingly, always delivering at a high standard
- The ability to bring innovative and proactive ideas for new initiatives to Partners, challenging where necessary.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend