Bids & BD Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 07/01/2021
Blue Legal have partnered with one of the world’s leading specialist law firms to find a Bid & Business Development Manager to join their team. This role will have a key focus on a sector group, supporting growth plans, managing the bids pipeline and providing guidance on overall win strategies. You will report to the Senior Bid Manager.
- Working with the Executive Board and Partners to assess and anticipate client needs, providing guidance on how bids will be won. Challenging tender invitations and working closely with the wider BD team.
- Using project management skills and techniques to ensure well-planned, organised and controlled processes to drive bids forward.
- Formulate best practice on win strategy for each bid, including consideration of commercial strategies. Clearly articulating the reasons for adopting those strategies.
- Managing meetings confidently, inspiring enthusiasm and support.
- Working with the lawyers and finance teams to formulate models for an attractive and profitable offer.
- Creating a comprehensive first draft document that sets out the agreed strategy.
- Coaching and guiding lawyers on effective presentation techniques, both through workshops and pitch rehearsals.
- Ensuring client debriefs are undertaken on all bids and messages are fed back to the relevant parties.
- Running client workshops to review the status of key client accounts, identifying opportunities for growth, supporting with relationship mapping and developing action plans.
- Working with the Marketing Operations Team, the Head of Business Development and lawyers to identify and log all opportunities on our client relationship management system.
- Have significant experience of managing bids and supporting BD activity, within a professional services firm, ideally law.
- Strong project management skills and techniques to help create and manage complex plans.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Have in depth knowledge and understanding of pitch presentations skills
- Degree educated
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend