Senior Business Development Manager – Corporate
Salary: £90,000 - £100,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 28/01/2019
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to join their team in London. This role will support business development, marketing and communications for the London Banking practice, working closely with the Head of BD for Banking, Fee Earners and the rest of the Global practice group.
- Use an understanding of the financial markets and banking practice (and our clients within them) to identify new business development opportunities and then formulate tactical plans to seize these opportunities.
- Develop a business development strategy for banking, based on the objectives set in relevant business plans, which in broad terms defines the future marketing activities for each financial year.
- Play a client facing role supporting partners in the management of key client relationships and potentially in new business development opportunities.
- Ensure that the business development activities undertaken by partners are likely to help us improve our financial performance.
- Look for opportunities to proactively raise the profile of the firm’s banking capability, whether through partnering with external agencies or by engaging with firm-wide initiatives.
- Client listening – work on client listening programmes as appropriate; carry out client listening sessions with key clients. Assimilate the feedback into reports for the relevant partners. Proactively work with the partners to ensure that the feedback in the report is actioned appropriately.
- Campaign management – work with the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to develop and execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas. Liaise with the Communications/PR team to develop a stronger external profile for the selected product areas.
- Graduate plus additional marketing and business development qualification
- Substantial relevant marketing experience (within a professional services organisation or in the sector, where the individual frequently worked with senior management).
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the global Banking and Finance market (in terms of the market, the deals, the key players, the competition, and the actual structures and approaches involved in this area).
- Previous Banking/Finance market experience would be desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – with partners, key associates, and business development colleagues, clients and suppliers.
Please note:Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend