Senior Business Development Executive
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Contract type: Contract/Temporary Date posted: 26 April 2018
A leading commercial law firm with a strong international focus, serving a wide range of clients, is seeking a Senior Business Development Executive to join their team for a 12 month FTC. This is an all round role covering a full range of marketing and business development activity including practice BD support, pitches, communications and events.
- Support strategic BD plans for the corporate department and a number of cross-firm interest groups. Drive strategic business development initiatives in line with business goals.
- Attend specific practice group meetings to provide guidance and input on all proposed activities and projects at the idea stage and to ensure that previously agreed initiatives are progressed.
- Establish with the BD Manager for real estate and litigation a mechanism for reporting and measuring ROI to include tracking and monitoring of activity, lead times, conversion ratios, client feedback, services purchased.
- Assist the BD Manager with reviewing and updating key marketing collateral including expertise documents and deal tombstones.
- Work with the BD Manager to assist on the drafting and production of pitch responses, tailored expertise documents and client presentations.
- Assist the BD Manager with drafting media and communications materials including deal announcements and article synopses.
- Work with the firm’s partners and lawyers to ensure deal sheets are being completed appropriately and filed correctly on iManage.
- Develop the system used for deal follow up, liaising with partners to obtain comprehensive information, and draft deal summaries.
- Assist the BD Manager on specific research tasks to support departmental campaigns and initiatives.
- To be familiar and comfortable with using the firm’s CRM system, InterAction, to find and input data to support marketing and BD initiatives and events
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in professional services business development.
- Excellent communication and drafting, writing and editing skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Professional, personable and mature attitude, with the ability to work appropriately with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Corporate sector experience would be advantageous e.g. capital markets, finance/financial services, private equity or competition.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend