Salary: Up to £65,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 01/11/2019
A US law firm highly ranked for its work within Finance is seeking a Proposals Manager to fill a brand new role in their London team. You will be a valued member of the marketing department and will contribute to preparing proposals and pitches, through the formal RFP process as well as on an ad hoc basis. You will also work with the Global Proposal Team.
- Serve as the marketing lead for proposals (single-practice proposals and, as needed, complex cross-border/multi-practice projects):
- Develop a work plan and a schedule for completion of tasks
- Collaborate with lead lawyer(s) to develop direction, themes and value propositions and work with other marketing team members contributing to individual practice/regional sections
- Write new business proposals and produce targeted, tailored responses and presentation materials under the direction of (Senior) Marketing and Business Development Managers, including meeting coordination and logistics
- Contribute to global RFPs and pitches as necessary
- Coordinate the RFP follow-up and tracking process to collect feedback, communicate lessons learned, trends and report results including proposal activity and win/loss information, as well as preferred provider panel appointments and similar designations
- Collaborate with the department’s U.S. based Proposals Team to develop and implement best practices, processes and supporting materials related to preparing proposals, presentations, pitches and other similar business development communications
- Coordinate with the Firm’s Market Intelligence team to help conduct research on clients/prospective clients, industry research and occasional competitive intelligence to develop knowledge about the Firm’s clients, their industries and legal needs
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of business development and marketing collateral, including practice descriptions and experience lists, and update the content management system as new assets are developed
- Maintain an acute level of quality control to ensure that all marketing collateral, experience lists and the like are consistent, error-free and up to date
- A minimum of five years of relevant bid experience in an international law firm or professional services environment.
- A degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business or a related field.
- Demonstrate experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders under tight deadlines.
- Fluent English language skills (spoken & written).
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend