PR & Communications Adviser
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 31/07/2019
Supporting the global PR function within a worldwide renowned law firm, this role would entail taking a lead on developing and executing media outreach plans. You will be responsible for maintaining and increasing media relations, working very closely with high profile and senior Partners. You will also be supporting the Corporate Responsibility, Pro Bono and Diversity initiatives.
- Work to enhance the firm’s external reputation and positioning through the media and other external channels.
- Manage the planning and implementation of the communications aspects of marketing and business development campaigns.
- The role has significant direct impact and influence on partners, particularly those based in London, but also globally.
- Provide advice to colleagues by identifying media and content development opportunities.
- Manage significant announcements for the practice groups, liaising with local marketing colleagues, including deal announcements and lateral hires.
- Proactively target news opportunities and forward features among national broadsheets, key sector media and legal journals.
- In partnership with the global communications, working on the promotion and development (from idea generation to execution) of newsworthy thought leadership, ensuring it supports the practice’s business development goals.
- Work to reinforce the firm’s standing, promoting positive employer stories, with a particular focus on Corporate Responsibility, Pro Bono and Diversity.
- Working with the Global Head of External Communications to defend the reputation of the Firm, helping with issues and crisis management as required.
- Proven experience of working within a busy press office environment, preferably within a major professional services organisation, a major corporate or at agency level.
- Successful track record of leading high impact PR programmes.
- Excellent writer with demonstrable ability to translate complex material into commercial writing.
- A demonstrable interest in legal and commercial issues that relate to the firm’s marketing.
- Relationships with the legal and business press.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend