Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 31/07/2019
Supporting the global PR function within a worldwide renowned law firm, this role would entail taking a lead on developing and executing media outreach plans. You will be responsible for maintaining and increasing media relations, working very closely with high profile and senior Partners. The role will also involve engaging with the BD and Marketing team in London and across the network, as well as advising the directors and business managers.
- Identify potential news, topics and comment opportunities for the corporate practice, with a particular focus on specialised sectors, as well as responsibility for supporting the firm’s Innovation programmes.
- Manage significant announcements for the practice groups, liaising with local marketing colleagues, including deal announcements and lateral hires.
- Work to increase the firm’s reputation around key legal and commercial issues that can help support the firm’s specialist offerings.
- Proactively target news opportunities, key sector media and legal journals, as well as supporting the firm’s social media channels by composing engaging and informative content.
- In partnership with the global communications and leadership teams, working on the promotion and development (from idea generation to execution), ensuring it supports the practice’s business development goals.
- Support external crisis communications planning and execution, in partnership with the global communications team.
- Provide PR support for relevant events and thought leadership projects.
- Brief the firm’s lawyers in preparation for interviews and provide on-going media training.
- Working with the Global Head of External Communications to defend the reputation of the Firm, helping with issues and crisis management as required.
- Degree Educated.
- Legal PR experience is desirable, with the ability to demonstrate interest in legal and commercial issues.
- Proven experience of working within a busy press office environment, preferably within a major professional services organisation, a major corporate or at agency level.
- Successful track record of leading high impact PR programmes.
- Awareness/familiarity of working in legal or financial sector, with strong relationships in legal and business press.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend