Legal Counsel PQE 4-6
Salary: £78,000 + Bonus
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 13 June 2018
A leading multinational technology solutions provider is currently seeking in house Legal Counsel to join their team. Reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for providing commercially minded and pragmatic legal support on a variety of matters; along with drafting, negotiating and advising upon contracts for IT procurement, maintenance and professional services.
- Engage in all commercial contracting for the UK business, including the primary operations in the UK and those in other operating subsidiaries outside the U.S. and Canada, including Dubai, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and South Africa.
- Provide support to the UK business leaders and provide practical, business-minded advice in the development of new technology service and solution offerings to customers.
- Coordinate closely with both the Senior Corporate Counsel and colleagues in Canada and the U.S. to negotiate global agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Provide legal counsel on diverse regulatory and compliance matters, including those impacting sales to government entities.
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments impacting the business and provide practical training, communication, and advice to UK management and co-workers regarding such developments.
- Proactively identify legal trends within the business and initiate practical solutions.
- Provide legal support to the procurement tendering process, particularly with regard to large scale complex Public Sector deals.
- Qualified Solicitor – 4-6 PQE
- Commercial transactional legal experience required, ideally within a technology environment.
- Proven ability to resolve complex legal issues in a practical manner and to grasp creative/complex business ideas and express them clearly and concisely in a written product.
- Previous experience of working in a multinational company is desirable.
- Experience advising on employment issues will be advantageous.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend