Global Head of Business Development – Capital Markets
Salary: £115,000 - £145,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 09/01/2020
Blue Legal has partnered with a leading international Law Firm to source a Global Head of Business Development to join their International Capital Markets (ICM) team in London. This role will support the development of the Global International Capital Markets marketing, communication and business development strategy. You will report to the Director of Marketing, Business Development & Communications.
- Lead the ICM business development and marketing function globally.
- Responsible, with the ICM BD team, for supporting the global Product Groups.
- Acting as an internal consultant to partners on marketing and business development activities requiring the development of strong personal relationships with ICM partners to facilitate the delivery of projects.
- Work alongside the ICM Practice Group Head (PGH) to form and implement practice strategy and help influence key individuals within the practice and to achieve agreed strategic goals. This may include offsite content and regular practice-wide communications on strategic activities.
- Participation and attendance with PGH and local office heads on partner reviews and business plans, as well as practice reviews across ICM global offices. This involves preparation, meeting participation and follow up on business plans to make sure strategies are being supported and implemented.
- Lead on identifying business and market opportunities across the capital markets space as well as leading on the BD team’s response to maximising these opportunities.
- Assess and designing opportunities to proactively raise the profile of the London ICM capability, whether through partnering with external agencies or by engaging with firm-wide initiatives.
- Ensure all new business generation activity (pitches, proposals, credentials statements) is executed to a high standard across all elements: marketing and competitor research analysis, proposal document production (including underlying collateral), team skills/preparation and feedback.
- Substantial relevant senior business development and marketing experience in a professional services firm, ideally a law firm. Previous international capital market experience would be desirable.
- Developed and delivered a global business plan identifying business and marketing opportunities across a diverse portfolio.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, exceptional people management skills and experience of managing and developing careers.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend