Global Head of Business Development – Banking
Salary: up to £145,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 21/03/2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Global Head of Business Development to join the Banking team at one of the top global law firms. This role is based in London with a global remit where the role holder will be acting as an internal consultant to Banking and Private Equity Partners.
- Development of the departmental business development and marketing plan, specifically using an understanding of the Global Finance markets and relevant Banking practice product areas (and clients within them) to identify new opportunities and then formulate tactical plans accordingly.
- Management and strategy of the Global Private Equity Sector.
- Designing and ensuring the successful implementation of the departmental client relationship programme, including through the sophisticated use of client feedback.
- Ensuring new business generation activity (pitches, proposals, and credentials statements) is executed to a high standard across all elements: market and competitor research and analysis, proposal document production, team skills/preparation and feedback.
- Responsible for the London BD budgets for Banking, Real Estate and Tax and the global sector budget for Private Equity, ensuring that all external marketing and business development services are supplied in the most cost effective manner.
- Overall team management for the London Banking, Real Estate, Tax and the firm Consulting BD team.
- Degree educated.
- Substantial relevant business development and marketing experience within a law firm.
- Proven experience working with partners and ensuring new business generation activity is executed at high standard.
- Previous experience managing and developing the careers of Senior Managers, Executives and Assistants.
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the global market/practice (in terms of the market, the deals, the key players, the competition and the actual structures and approaches involved in this area).
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Apply Now Email to a friend