Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 10 January 2018
This boutique law firm is recruiting an Events Executive to join their London based marketing team on a 12 month maternity cover contract. The holder will implement a busy programme of events, including seminars, client hospitality and conference participation (including sponsorship activities), both in the UK and internationally where appropriate. Reporting to the Events Manager, this role is crucial to ensuring that the firm’s events continually support and deliver against its business objective of being a leader in its chosen sectors of focus.
- Managing the firm’s calendar of events from end-to-end, including, but not limited to, taking a brief from lawyers and working with the business development team to provide first class, innovative advice on event design and planning; sourcing and managing venues and other suppliers; invitations and mailing lists; liaising with external organisers; preparation of delegate packs; provision of branded collateral; ensuring maximum exposure through appropriate PR and social media channels; on-site support; follow-up debriefs.
- Working with lawyers, the business development team and the InterAction (CRM database) team to ensure that appropriate target lists are developed for each event and lead generation is followed through.
- Working with the business development team to prepare promotional literature for use at seminars and conferences.
- Manage, monitor and report the cost of events against estimates and budget.
- Ensure all events are communicated effectively to the business, making certain that cross-sell opportunities are harnessed as much as possible.
- Continuous development of events best practice, including review of feedback to ensure continuous improvement of events and analysing ROI, including reporting on outcomes.
- Attending events when appropriate to ensure that the event experience is of the highest quality.
- Overseeing and managing aspects of corporate merchandise.
- Updating event calendars, including external website and internal intranet.
- Graduate calibre, with excellent written and oral communications skills; strong interpersonal and influencing skills are also important.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills, strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence are all essential.
- At least two years’ experience within a similar environment, preferably gained within legal, consultancy or other professional services, and a proven track record of creative and professional event management and delivery, including the role of sponsorship.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend