Business Development Manager
Location: North West
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 29 January 2018
A leading commercial Law Firm is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the team in their Manchester office. This role is reporting directly to the Senior Business Development Manager.
- To carry out day-to-day hands on marketing and Business Development support and advice with our lawyers and wider business development team.
- Work with lawyers to plan and implement business development activities.
- Develop and support core client relationships.
- Guide and work with lawyers in business development tools and techniques.
- Internal and external business meeting and agenda planning (special events, client meetings, and sector focus meetings, internal seminars).
- Working with the central bids team to produce effective pitch materials and help coach partners in pitch presentations.
- Managing the production of marketing materials and ensuring the currency of these materials.
- Working closely with the events and central marketing teams to design and deliver local events that meet the group’s BD objectives.
- Working with lawyers to build and maintain a database of client contacts and details.
- Working on client and market analysis using various internal and external research tools, systems and contacts.
- Drafting annual directory submissions (Chambers, Legal 500) to raise the firm’s market profile.
- Creating and maintaining client mailing lists for use in publication distributions, event invitations and meeting planning.
- Ensuring good internal communication regarding planned marketing and Business Development activity between Manchester and the other offices.
- Assisting with the overall flow of communication across the partner group, attending Business Development elements of relevant local meetings to assist the coordination of Business Development efforts.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Previous experience in the professional services.
- Previous Business Development experience
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend