Business Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 20190107
A top accountancy firm based in the City is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who will work with the BD team and be responsible for developing, delivering & monitoring strategic marketing & BD activity for designated service lines.
- Develop a Partner engagement plan for designated service line
- Challenge Partners using pipeline data, cold targeting and Dynamics (CRM) usage
- Identify new sales / cross-selling opportunities to existing clients and targets within service lines
- Actively generate warm leads through follow-ups from campaigns, networking at events
- Support all subsequent business development activity; meetings, follow-ups
- Take ownership a number of targets, attend introductory and scoping meetings, introducing and handing over to fee earning teams as appropriate
- Manage proposals relevant to service line; scoping meetings, liaising with bid specialist, conducting debriefs after every bid and sharing intelligence with wider business
- Lead on high value and strategically important service-line proposals and understand the service line’s tendering activity to influence success rates
- Deliver partner presentation coaching
- Contribute to national/sector marketing campaigns, leading on regional intelligence
- Personalisation of communication of campaigns to key service line staff via internal communication channels and workshops
- Find opportunities for thought leadership pieces, blogs and social media activity
- Coach partners and staff on business development best practice
- Accurately record all business development activity (meetings and opportunities) on Dynamics to evidence performance and analyse ROI
- A marketing degree & CIM qualification
- 5 year’s professional services experience
- Comprehensive experience of marketing and business development at a managerial level
- A professional credible and confident communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to work effectively with the sector heads around the UK.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend