Business Development Manager – Sectors
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 10 April 2018
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team in London. This role will support a number of sectors across including TMT & Life Sciences. You will support a full range of business development activity and report to the Senior Business Development Manager.
- BD tactics – responsible for the timeliness, consistency and quality of BD tools: Ensure email distribution and target lists are kept up-to-date; maintain updated collateral and credentials; produce relevant directory and award submissions; and track and ensure deal information is regularly and accurately captured in the firm’s experience system.
- Sector and client research – to support sector strategy development, planning and implementation
- Involvement in selection of priority clients for the sectors and in conducting internal progress reviews of key client relationships – with sector heads and senior BD/CRM colleagues
- Involvement in developing sector specific client targeting initiatives and thought leadership products – working with senior BD/CRM colleagues and partners.
- Cross practice integration of sector targeting and client development activities
- Internal communications – facilitating knowledge sharing and internal networking
- Client relationship management of a small number of priority sector clients including the development of client plans and an appropriate client listening approach
- Developing and executing senior networking events to raise the firm’s profile in the sector
- Where appropriate, take the lead on or contribute to proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for opportunities in the sector. Ensure that teams follow best practice.
- Work with relevant members of the BD and CRM team on client listening programmes as appropriate; carry out client listening sessions with key clients. Assimilate the feedback into reports for the relevant partners. Proactively work with the partners to ensure that the feedback in the report is actioned appropriately
- Graduate with commitment to or existing additional professional marketing or business qualifications.
- Business development and marketing experience equivalent to BD manager level within a professional services organisation.
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the sectors the role supports (in terms of the market, the matters, the key players, the competition etc). Previous experience of working in a role engaged in these sectors would be a plus, but is not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend