Business Development Manager – Restructuring
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 04 January 2018
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team in London. The Business Development team is dedicated to supporting the global practice and your responsibility will be to support the Restructuring group within the global banking practice group. This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day business development for Restructuring, including: advising on and co-ordinating the 11 partners’ business and client development plans; client relationship management; designing and implementing a communications strategy; co-ordinating pitches (often cross-border and multi-disciplinary); managing the process of experience collection, credentials and CVs; and other business development support.
- Business planning: drafting and reporting on the marketing plan; creating the budget for and then management of marketing costs for the group; and ultimately providing input on the strategic business plan for the global group.
- Should have the ability to assess new projects against the impact of cost and profit, and adapt business plans in response to changing market requirements.
- Strategic management: challenging the underlying strategic issues, questioning the rationale behind existing concepts and ideas from a strategic perspective; persuading and influencing others on implementation of new strategic ideas; playing a key influencing role in partner meetings regarding business development issues and projects
- Client care: development, maintenance and reporting on a focused client care programme for the major
- Restructuring clients. Work with London and international partners to develop a international co-ordinated client targeting / client care programme. Using market research and intelligence to identify new client or market targeting opportunities, recommend new business development ideas and suitable actions, and work with the partners responsible to make them happen. The new manager would also expect to take on “account manager” responsibility for at least one cross-departmental, cross-office Bank client.
- Marcoms and business development: Devising original approaches to generate new marketing communications initiatives for the group. Overseeing the organisation of marketing events using the central events team and the production of literature using the creative services team. Play a lead advisory and hands on role in the Restructuring pitching process. Oversee marketing processes (e.g. CVs, reporting on deals worldwide, client database system, intranet and internet sites) and working with the PR manager to maintain effective press coverage on major deals and market developments, drafting entries to legal directories.
- Internal communications: building and maintaining a flow of international Restructuring market intelligence (e.g. pipeline restructurings, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates (e.g. via an intranet site, offsites, team meetings); providing regular communication within the
- group about planned marketing activity; work with business development managers responsible for related areas to co-ordinate client targeting activity
- Marketing training: providing a structured and tailored programme of training on business development techniques to associates and secretarial staff within the group. Playing a role in the training of business development staff across the marketing department.
- Cross practice integration: using an understanding of firm’s partner and business development network to develop new opportunities and leverage innovative ideas from own practice area to others. Sharing ideas with colleagues in order to enhance quality of work and developing best practice for business development as a whole.
- International project management: balancing the demands of varied time zones and a range of working practices/styles and locations to deliver projects to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of both the Restructuring groups and firms business development.
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the global Banking and Finance market and specifically restructuring (in terms of the market, the deals, the key players, the competition, and the actual structures and approaches involved in this area). Previous Banking/Finance/Restructuring market experience would be desirable.
- Experience in selling concepts and presenting up to Board Level, in addition to building a network with the more junior fee earners.
- Substantial relevant marketing experience (within a professional services organisation or in the sector, where the individual frequently worked with senior management).
- Proven track record of achieving strategic business objectives and using this experience to assess people and financial resources required for specific projects.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend