Business Development Manager – Real Estate
Salary: £55,000 - £67,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 09 January 2018
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team in London. The Business Development team is dedicated to supporting the global practice and your responsibility will be to support the Real Estate practice groups in London. You will work with lead Partners on their Client Development plans, leading pitches and contributing to marketing insight and intelligence. This role will report to the Head of BD for Banking.
- Business planning and advice – provide focus to the delivery and direction of BD activities. Play a key influencing role with partners on Real Estate business development activities and projects. Lead on communication, coordination and strategic leadership of the international Real Estate BD community.
- Proposals – take the lead role in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for London-based proposals. Coach partners on their presentations and ensure the teams follow best practice. Input into documents prepared by other practice groups and offices requiring the relevant Real Estate expertise. Seek client feedback, capture proposal outcomes and prompt fee earners to act upon feedback.
- Client account management – assist partners, associates and BD colleagues in the management of strategic client relationships and coordinate client targeting efforts across the sector. Work with the central client relationship management (CRM) team on specific client tactics, including secondee debriefs, client presentations and training, etc. Develop an in-depth knowledge of the key clients in the market.
- Ensure regular sharing of information on client activities across Real Estate-related groups.
- Client listening – work on client listening programmes as appropriate; carry out client listening sessions with key clients. Assimilate the feedback into reports for the relevant partners. Proactively work with the partners to ensure that the feedback in the report is actioned appropriately.
- Client events and hospitality – proactively identify appropriate client entertainment opportunities with fee earners and the CRM team. Challenge partners where appropriate on best use of hospitality opportunities and marketing budget spend. Track marketing spend against clients and individuals/teams within clients to ensure activities are aligned with overall strategic priorities. Internal communications – oversee the maintenance of a flow of market/client intelligence (e.g. pipeline deals, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates.
- Campaign management – work with the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to develop and execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas. Liaise with the Communications/PR team to develop a stronger external profile for the selected product areas.
- A good understanding of the global Real Estate sector and a desire to help develop a deeper understanding of the sector. Previous Real Estate sector experience is preferred.
- Excellent marketing & business development experience within a law firm or other professional services firm at Manager level.
- Experience working with management of practices or service lines.
- Proven track record of achieving product line business objectives
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend