Business Development Manager – Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 01/05/2019
Blue Legal have partnered with one of the world’s largest and most successful law firms to identify a Business Development Manager to support Projects, Energy and Infrastructure in one of their largest sectors. This role will support business development and marketing initiatives across the sector with particular emphasis on business winning proposals. You will report to the Senior BDM.
- Working with partners and associates to drive and manage the pitch process, challenge our reasons for pitching, help develop sales messages, draft documentation, prepare for beauty parades and guide client team rehearsals
- Coordination of London Infrastructure Group
- Working closely with the events team to oversee and execute numerous client and industry events
- Coordinating and conducting client reviews on wins and losses
- Managing the collection and dissemination of data on our proposals to help identify the reasons for wins and losses, including pitch debriefs, publishing management information and circulating information on pricing and from client feedback
- Working with the Senior Business Development Manager on the development and coordination of the practice and geography client management programme
- Assisting with the development of the Projects, Energy & Infrastructure client targeting programme, which will include client targeting initiatives (thought leadership, events, client briefings/seminars and training programmes, etc.) and the internal coordination and communication of the programme across practice groups and geographies
- To support the wider Projects, Energy and Natural Resources practice, including fee earners, PSL’s, practice manager and Finance across all BD and marketing activities
- To take responsibility for enforcing & maintaining consistency in proposals related ‘know-how’, including standard descriptions of our capabilities in product lines, deal descriptions and deal sheets.
- Graduate with extensive business development experience in a law firm.
- Experience working within Projects, Energy or Infrastructure would be preferred.
- Wide experience working on proposals
- Experience managing firm events.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend