Business Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 19 February 2018
This national law firm is recruiting a Business Development Manager to join the firm to support their leading Private Wealth group. They are looking for an experienced individual who can develop, drive and deliver new business development with experience in the private wealth markets.
- Develop National Private Wealth Marketing and Business Development strategies in conjunction with other marketing stakeholders – EComms/ Group Marketing/PR) to ensure that all activity is concentrated on the key objectives for the firm
- To facilitate an account management role and act as sponsor of work to ensure that overall budgets and delivery is in keeping with objectives and positioning.
- To drive marketing and business development strategies with the strategic aim of maximising profitable revenue from existing work referrers, working with other key stakeholders to maximise opportunities within existing referrers and new business acquisition from within agreed sectors/professions.
- To manage the BD Team members to ensure that BD resources are maximised ensuring an appropriate balance among Private Wealth services and BD objectives achieved cost effectively and BD best practice capability is developed
- To develop and build reciprocation relationships with intermediaries to ensure that the practice areas are able to maximise their relationships to obtain work.
- To understand the sectors within which the clients/targets/work referrers operate to identify new business opportunities and act the “opportunity broker”
- To support Partners by developing SMART objectives for each key work referrers and targeted prospect plus action plans to achieve these objectives, research and knowledge sharing across the firm, attending internal and external meetings, coaching and monitoring ROI.
- Utilising reporting systems to ROI to include tracking and monitoring of activity: lead times, conversion ratios, client feedback, services purchased.
- Provide direction, advise on strategy identify and anticipate future trends in bid/tender opportunities
Partner coaching and support
- Identification and management of key national business development projects (including development of new services and any key initiatives) for the practice area.
- Work with appropriate partners in developing presentations and proposal documents and accompany partners on new business pitches where appropriate in conjunction with in the bid team.
- Management of the BD budgets for the team/office to ensure value for money and assessment of ROI which will inform future activity/ strategy.
- Previous business development experience gained within a legal, accountancy or financial services firm
- An understanding of the Private Wealth marketplace
- Strong account management experience
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend