Business Development Manager – Paris
Salary: 65000 - 75000 Euro
Salary band: Dependant upon experience
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 17/08/2020
An award winning international law firm is currently seeking a bilingual Business Development Manager to join their team in Paris. This will be a leadership position working with the Paris based Partners and their teams leading on all marketing and business development activity. The position also offers a chance to break new grounds and work with a highly committed central marketing team. You must have fluency in both English and French.
- Leads Requests for Proposal and pitch strategy for new business in collaboration with attorneys and other members of the BD team
- Work with partners to ensure that post pitch reviews are complete on all major pitches
- Identifies opportunities and develops public relations plan and media relations strategy in collaboration with the PR team and the firm’s retained French PR advisors
- Manage membership of professional, business and trade bodies relevant to marketing and BD objectives and maximise the value from these relationships
- Determines BD strategy for the firm’s participation in conferences or as a sponsor of various events
- Ensure good communications and co-ordination with partners and marketing and BD colleagues across the firm
- Responsible for sound financial management of business development spend across the Paris office
- Take responsibility for managing the BD process and work closely with other members of the Marketing Department to ensure proper support of Paris office
- Operate as part of the firm wide marketing and BD team, contributing to the wider thinking and supporting the marketing team’s vision of being a critical part in the success of the firm
- Business development experience acquired working within a professional services environment, preferably a law firm.
- Management level experience in marketing communications, business development, driving lead generation and managing communications activities including PR, events and sponsorship.
- An interest in practices and sectors the firm operates in and the ability to proactively bring ideas to fee earners to drive new business.
- Written and spoken fluency in both French and English is a must.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend