Business Development Manager – Marine & International Trade
Salary: Market Rates
Salary band: £50k - £69k
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 30 January 2018
This leading specialist international law firm is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join their team based in London. You will be responsible for providing quality business development support, advice and insight to the firm’s Marine & International Trade (MIT) group.
- Work closely with partners on cementing and further developing profitable revenue growth on their key client relationships
- Driving the BD activity for the different sector groups within MIT
- Manage a number of competitive pitches concurrently (including firmwide panel proposals), drafting persuasive and accurate content with tailored messages, often to tight deadlines
- Create customised credentials documents highlighting our expertise across all practice areas
- Manage the Legal 500 and Chambers submission process for submissions for agreed practice areas in London and Seoul such as shipping, commodities and insurance: contentious and be responsible for producing high quality submissions
- Work with the events manager/BD executive to produce and deliver outstanding client events suggesting opportunities to co-host events with relevant market bodies and other industry stakeholders, reviewing budget and ensuring ROI
- Work with the library on targeted client research – distilling research reports so they focus on key areas of relevance and suggesting resulting BD opportunities to fee earners
- Consistently look for ways to improve BD practices and outcomes to ensure that we maximise value from everything we do
- Identify themes in the market, review competitor activity and make recommendations on our approach
- Develop, with the partners, business/BD plans for each practice area and provide support for the implementation of individual partner and practice area plans
- Work with the InterAction manager to champion best practice of InterAction, our CRM system, within the groups
- Liaise with the Communications and PR team on the media plan for each team within MIT.
- Proven BD experience working at either senior executive or manager level
- Excellent communicator with the ability to challenge and influence Partners
- Experience working within a professional services firm is essential
- Experience in or a clear intellectual ability to learn, relevant industry knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritise accordingly
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend