Business Development Manager – Intellectual Property
Salary: £55,000 - £70,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 10 April 2018
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team in London. This is a brand new addition to the team due to phenomenal success over the last 18 months. You will support a full range of business development activity for the London group and report to the Senior Business Development Manager.
- Proposals – take the lead role in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for IP proposals. Coach partners on their presentations and ensure the teams follow best practice.
- Client account management – assist partners, associates and BD colleagues by coordinating client targeting efforts across the IP group. Work with the central client relationship management (CRM) team on specific client tactics, including secondee debriefs, client presentations and training, etc.
- Client listening – work on client listening programmes as appropriate; carry out client listening sessions with key clients. Assimilate the feedback into reports for the relevant partners.
- Market and client research – to support business planning activities.
- Client events and hospitality – proactively identify appropriate client entertainment opportunities with fee earners and the CRM team. Challenge partners where appropriate on best use of hospitality opportunities and marketing budget spend. Track marketing spend against clients and individuals/teams within clients to ensure activities are aligned with overall strategic priorities.
- Shaping and delivering market-facing campaigns to raise market profile.
- BD tactics – responsible for the timeliness, consistency and quality of BD tools: Ensure email distribution and target lists are kept up-to-date; maintain updated collateral, credentials, contact cards and CVs; produce relevant directory and award submissions; and track
- Graduate with commitment to or existing additional professional marketing or business qualifications.
- Business development and marketing experience equivalent to BD manager level within a professional services organisation or in the sector.
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the global IP practice. Previous IP experience in a plus but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend