Business Development Manager – Finance
Salary: £57,000 - £70,000
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 13/08/2019
A leading global law firm have an excellent opportunity for an experienced business development manager. The role is to provide strategic business development advice, practical marketing support and financial operational support in London, but also globally. There is a strong sector focus to the role, so there is potential to build out a cross-practice sector driven approach to how we go to market.
- Develop a business development strategy, based on the objectives set in relevant business plans, which in broad terms defines the future marketing activities for each financial year.
- Play a client facing role supporting partners in the management of key client relationships and potentially in new business development opportunities and ensure that the business development activities undertaken by partners, are likely to help us improve financial performance.
- Take the lead role in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements, contributing product and market insight into cross-practice and cross-border pitches. Coach partners on their presentations and ensure the teams follow best practice.
- Look for opportunities to proactively raise the profile of the firm’s banking capability.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the key clients and sectors relevant to the in the market. Analyse and assess the client list and make recommendations for changes, as well as actively targeting or investing more time in.
- Track marketing spend against clients and individuals/teams within clients to ensure activities are aligned with overall strategic priorities.
- Use an understanding of the financial markets, banking practice to identify new business development opportunities and then formulate tactical plans to seize these opportunities.
- Develop and execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate.
- Graduate plus additional professional marketing/business qualification.
- Substantial relevant marketing experience (within a professional services organisation or in the sector, where the individual frequently worked with senior management).
- Enthusiasm to develop an in-depth understanding of the global Banking and Finance market (in terms of the market, the deals, the key players, the competition, and the actual structures and approaches involved in this area).
- Proven track record of achieving strategic business objectives and using this experience to assess people and financial resources required for specific projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills – with partners, key associates, and business development colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Ability to motivate, develop and inspire both team and fee-earners to deliver business goals and change behaviour where required. Draws on experience to manage change.
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure. Ability to plan ahead, anticipate workload of the team and manage others’ time efficiently, balances conflicting priorities and does not over-commit team and themselves – always manages expectations.
- A commercial and ambitious individual with a proven track record in a similar professional services environment, driven to work in a high performance business development team at a global law firm where commercial insight, developing strong personal relationships and achieving tangible results are valued and recognised.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend