Business Development Manager
Salary: £57,000 - £70,000
Contract type: Contract/Temporary Date posted: 30/04/2020
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join their team in London. This role will support the London Banking practice and be responsible for a full range of marketing and business development activity. You will report to the Senior Business Development Manager for Banking.
- Provide focus to the delivery and direction of BD activities. Play a key influencing role in partner meetings regarding BD issues and projects in the Corporate Lending, Islamic Finance, Trade & Commodities Finance and Emerging Markets areas.
- Take the lead role in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for London-based product areas referenced above. Coach partners on their presentations and ensure the teams follow best practice.
- Assist partners and associates in coordinate client targeting efforts across the relevant product groups (including cross-selling initiatives with the corporate practice group).
- Assimilate the feedback into reports for the relevant partners. Proactively work with the partners to ensure that the feedback in the report is actioned appropriately.
- Support business planning activities and ensure partners are briefed in advance of client meetings.
- Proactively identify appropriate client entertainment opportunities with fee earners and the CRM team. Challenge partners where appropriate on best use of hospitality opportunities and marketing budget spend. Track marketing spend against clients and individuals/teams within clients to ensure activities are aligned with overall strategic priorities.
- Oversee the maintenance of a flow of market/client intelligence (e.g. pipeline deals, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates.
- Work with the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to develop and execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas. Liaise with the Communications/PR team to develop a stronger external profile for the selected product areas.
- Substantial relevant business development and marketing experience at an equivalent BD Manager level role within a professional services firm (legal experience is preferred).
- An in depth understanding or the enthusiasm to develop your banking knowledge, in particular Corporate Lending
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills – especially in regards to working with Partners, Associates and business development colleagues.
- Ability to motivate, develop and inspire both team and fee-earners to deliver business goals and change behaviour where required. Draws on experience to manage change.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend