Business Development Manager
Location: North West
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 12/04/2019
A leading international law firm based in Manchester is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team. The primary focus for this role is to work with the Leadership on the firm to execute business development plans. The role provides frontline support to Partners and will report to the EMEA Business Development Director.
- Working with the defined groups to support and develop the practice group and office business development plans, including forward accountability and follow up
- Working with individual lawyers to help them develop and deliver their personal business development plans, including coaching them on business development opportunities, helping them pursue targets and expand relationships, provide strategy for selecting and leveraging practice and industry conferences, seminars, speaking engagements, participation in professional panels, and industry events.
- Identifying market developments that may have impact on clients’ businesses and providing advice on effective marketing strategies
- Work with the members of the Global Pitch Team when appropriate to marshall firm wide resources for multipractice RFIs and RFPs involving the defined practice groups
- Maintaining and overseeing the regular updating of practice group/office marketing materials and tools, practice descriptions, representative matter lists, etc.
- Managing and maintaining practice experience and selected matter lists
- Provide leadership for the defined groups efforts to secure higher rankings in league tables, select directories, awards and distinctions, and maintain responsibility for ensuring experience is captured in a timely fashion in keeping with firm wide standards
- Minimum of five years business development, marketing, sales or related experience – preferably international experience in a large professional services environment.
- Previous Business Development/Marketing Manager level experience preferred
- Experience developing client development/sales plans and supporting sales function.
- Educated to degree level – Marketing, communications or other business degree, preferred. Business/Marketing Masters or CIM qualification would be desirable.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend