Business Development Executive – Projects, Energy & Infrastructure
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 08/05/2019
A global award winning law firm is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive to join their Banking team in London. This role will primarily focus on the support of the Projects, Energy & Infrastructure group. You will be the primary contact for the day to day business development support for the sectors Partners based in London.
- Proposals – assist the team in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for London based proposals (and the wider global Projects practice when necessary). Capture proposal outcomes and prompt fee earns to act upon feedback.
- Systems/Processes – working with the rest of the team to manage internal marketing systems and tools, including tracking and reporting marketing budget spend, maintaining effective mailing lists, ensuring team members are prompted to review and update intranet and internet pages and coordination the reporting of statistics on completion of EPIC experience records.
- Client events and hospitality – proactively identify appropriate client entertainment opportunities with fee earners and the CRM team. Challenge partners where appropriate on best use of hospitality opportunities and marketing budget spend.
- BD Tactics – responsible for the timeliness, consistency and quality of BD tools. Works with PAs to ensure email distribution and target lists are kept up to date, maintain updated collateral, credentials, contact cards and CVs, and track and ensure deal information is regularly and accurately captured in the firm’s experience system.
- Campaign management – work with the BD and Communications team plus the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas.
- Graduate with a commitment to, or existing additional professional qualifications.
- Enthusiasm to develop an understanding of the global banking practice (in terms of the market, the deals, the key players, the competition, and the actual structures and approaches involved in this area).
- Experience working in a law firm or similar environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – with partners, key associates, and business development colleagues, clients and suppliers.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend