Business Development Executive – Corporate & Commercial
Salary: Market Rate
Salary band: £30k - £49k
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 01 February 2018
A leading international Law Firm is currently seeking a Business Development Executive to join their team in London. This firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry, with deals and cases often making headline business news. You will be working with Partners who are recognised as leaders in their field. As an integral member of the business development team, you will be supporting the Senior BDM and provide a wide range of business development activities for the global corporate & commercial groups.
- Working with the Senior BD Manager you will assist with and deliver proactive day-to-day BD support. This includes pitching, presentation support, client hospitality, client targeting, relationship management, client listening, organising client and industry roundtables, maintaining credentials and experience and coordinating efforts with related Litigation product groups, particularly the investigations and banking, finance and regulatory groups.
- Marketing events and seminars – the group runs a number of ad hoc marketing events that reinforce client relationships (drinks, round tables, seminars etc.). Your role will be important to ensure these continue to be a success and management of such events, with support from our internal events team, will play a part of your role.
- Business planning and advice – provide focus to the delivery and direction of BD activities. Play a key influencing role with partners on business development activities and projects.
- Proposals – take the lead role in preparing proposals, pitch presentations and credentials statements for London-based proposals. Input into documents prepared by other practice groups and offices requiring the relevant expertise. Seek client feedback, capture proposal outcomes and prompt fee earners to act upon feedback.
- Client relationship building – assist partners, associates and BD colleagues in the management of strategic client relationships and coordinate client targeting efforts across the group.
- Market and client research – to support business planning activities.
Internal communications – help maintain the flow of market/client intelligence (e.g. pipeline deals, major players, market shares, key client contact moves and developments) to partners and associates.
- Campaign management – work with the partners, senior associates and the PSL team to develop and execute integrated business development campaigns, where appropriate. Plan roundtables and client seminars to raise awareness of our expertise in key product areas
- Liaise with the Communications/PR team to develop a stronger external profile for the selected product areas.
- Graduate (ideally) plus working towards or holding an additional professional marketing/business qualification.
- Proven experience in a Marketing & Business Development team within a professional services environment is essential.
- Experience working with senior management and partners and the ability to influence.
- A proactive approach, creativity, tenacity and energy.
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Enterprises offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.Apply Now Email to a friend