Bids & Business Development Executive
Location: South West
Contract type: Permanent Date posted: 29/03/2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Bids and Business Development Executive to join the Business Development team in Bristol. Reporting to the Bid Manager, the role will involve working on a range of Bids support, panel management and business development support for the Public Sector.
- Collaborating with the Bids & BD Managers to understand client requirements.
- Support the Bids & BD Managers in liaising with the lawyers and business services professionals that contribute to bids.
- Help in developing materials for pitches.
- Gather feedback from bids to public sector organisations.
- Assist with the analysis and reporting of bids.
- Grasp an understanding of the firm’s public sector panel and help the team to find the best opportunities for the firm and create strong competitor analysis.
- Assist Bids and BD Managers with consistent relationship mapping and co-ordinating quarterly targeting forums in order to maintain client relationships.
- Work alongside partners to identify strong contacts for the firm to approach to generate new business.
- Update the internal team on bids and BD movement.
- Contribute to regular public sector BD meetings and create strategy sessions when necessary.
- Work with Client Development team to develop key public sector clients.
- Update our public sector marketing materials, website content and Crown Commercial Services prospectuses.
- Draft public sector directory submissions for Chambers UK and Legal 500.
- Manage BD budgets by recording spend, processing invoices, checking budget reports and flagging areas that are under/over spending.
- Minimum of one year’s demonstrable experience in business development
- Must have experience working in a professional services firm, ideally legal.
- Good knowledge of Excel
Please note: Due to the specific sectors we work in, only candidates with valid work experience in a Law Firm, Accountancy Firm, Management Consultancy, Property/Construction Firm, Financial Services Firm or a high profile relevant Association or Agency will be considered. We regret that our clients will not accept applications outside of these areas.
Blue Legal offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Apply Now Email to a friend